The Academy Program
The 24/7 Academy, in partnership with Castro Valley Soccer Club and Montclair Soccer Club, combines world-class technical, tactical, and physical training, provided by our staff of nationally licensed coaches. The Academy is a "true" development program, designed to help players reach their athletic potential through individualized attention, customized training, conditioning, and a positively competitive team environment.
What does the Academy Team offer?
The Academy Program is for players who are talented, soccer-focused athletes with a passion for the game. We are looking to nurture committed and skilled players with high school and college playing ambitions.
- Year Round Coaching Curriculum — Players will be training according to curriculum standards set and implemented at the world’s premier soccer academies.
- Elite Training and Playing Environment — Training with and against players of equal and higher quality and competing consistently against the best teams in the state and region.
- Tactical Training — We will be demonstrating and encouraging our players to play both possession retention and creative attacking soccer, based upon the situation.
- Video Analysis — We will use video to improve player techniques and guide the progress of tactical awareness.
- Sports Psychology Program — Players will be trained with various positive imagery techniques.
- Data Collection for Data Progress — The Academy squad will take advantage of cutting edge statistical techniques to demonstrate and improve team/individual efficiency.
- Established College Recruitment Plan — For players looking to play college soccer.
- 3 sessions per week
- Year round training
- 5-7 Tournaments per year
- Squad of 16-18 players
Infrastructure & Costs
Tryout dates have been confirmed:
- March 26 - 7-8.30pm @ Moreau High School
Practice & Game Schedule
- Session 1: In Castro Valley with David Barrett
- Session 2: In Oakland with David Barrett
- Session 3: In Oakland with Ray Head – Combination of Futsal, Speed Agility and Quickness training, and small group sessions.
All games will be coached by David Barrett.
Curriculum Based Learning
When a player is selected for the Academy team they are not only exposed to high level coaching, they are also exposed to a specific curriculum. This curriculum guides the nature and progression of training sessions throughout the season and is broken down into development in the following four areas:
- Technical (skill)
- Tactical (strategy)
- Psychosocial (mental)
- Physical (fitness)
The breakdown of costs will be approximately as follows:
- Registration — $350
- Training — $1250
- Uniform — $200 (If new)
- Tournaments — $500
(Financial Aid may be available based on need).