- Dribble the ball taking three or four touches in front of you with the right foot.
- After the last touch take a look over the right shoulder scanning the area behind you.
- Now place the left foot to the left hand side of the ball and use the sole of the right foot to role the ball backwards.
- As you do this open your hips and body out rotating 160 degrees.
- Once you have rolled the ball 160 degrees in the other direction you can quickly take a touch away with the outside of the left foot.
- Practice the turning pull back with both feet.
- Place two cones 10 yards apart, dribble in a line and perform a turning pull back just before you reach the cone focusing on the change of direction to get away from the cone.
- Introduce a defender instead of a cone at either end making the drill opposed (the defender does not necessarily have to make a tackle).