Speed, agility and quickness soccer specific conditioning.
SAQ training has been developed and implemented over the last decade by many sports teams and organizations.
The innovative training method has been designed to improve:
- Functional movement and co-ordination
- Explosive, multi-directional speed and leg muscle power
- Muscular endurance of the lower body
- Lower body strength and injury prevention
- Ability to change direction at speed
- Core stability
Many professional teams include SAQ in there weekly training. At 24-7 we have designed an SAQ program which caters for the needs of our younger and older players.
Players will take part in various exercises that development the fundamental soccer related functional movements including the basic ABC motor skills (agility, balance, co-ordination)
For older players we increase the intensity and focus more on developing acceleration and agility. Exercises with the ball also incorporate first touch development.
We use the following equipment to maximize the effectiveness of our sessions and engage the participants:
Speed ladders – To increase foot speed and coordination.
Hurdles – To develop correct running technique
Rings – For coordination and balance
Poles – For agility exercises that encourage participants to change direction quickly
Our SAQ program is ideal for players wanting to develop and maintain their soccer related fitness in a fun engaging environment.
SAQ Links & Videos
- SAQ International
- speed agility drills | explosive running SAQ
- 5 Essential Speed and Agility Drills | Increase Your Speed and Change of Direction
- 15 Fast Footwork Exercises | Increase Your Foot Speed With These Speed Ladder Drills
- FULL SPEED & AGILITY | 2 coaches | 4 players - Joner 1on1
- 24-7 Winter SAQ #1
- 24-7 Spring SAQ