- Whilst dribbling with the ball; approach the cone with the ball slightly in front of you
- Drop the left shoulder and take a medium sized step to the left hand side of the ball and shift the body as if you are about to move to the left of the opponent.
- As you begin to shift your body back to the right, using the outside of the right foot take a strong touch to the right of the cone, knocking the ball past it and contue the run.
- Focus on a quick feint and burst of speed past the cone.
- Make the drill opposed by including a defender to stand in front of the player using the feint (the defender can not make a tackle however).
- Progress this by allowing the defender to try and dispossess the attacker by making a tackle.
- When players are confident enough to perform this feint we can introduce the ‘double Matthews.’
- This is exactly the same however after feinting to the left the player performs another feint to the right dropping the right shoulder then uses the outside of the left foot to knock the ball passed the opponent.